8 Dorchester Rd
Sr. Scrum MasterLocation:
Woodcliff Lake, NJJob Type:
Contract to HireDuration:
3+ months to ConversionContact Info
: Ella Blank - [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] -
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The ScrumMaster is a key role in Agile software development responsible for ensuring that Scrum practices and processes are followed by the team.
- The ScrumMaster serves as the liaison between the Product Owner and the Agile software development team.
- This role helps the team reach peak productivity, coaches and mentors resources, resolves impediments that block a team and help track their progress.
- The ScrumMaster also plays a critical role in the adoption of Scrum and other Agile development practices by the organization.
- A ScrumMaster at client also plays the role of Technical Delivery Manager and has to be hands on with the team in pushing projects forward (Doing whatever it takes).
- This role requires a team member that will not only run Agile/Delivery Lead projects but spend 20% of the time managing and coaching other ScrumMasters
- Must have significant experience ramping up, coaching and mentoring teams to peak productivity working in a complex inter dependent software development environment.
- The successful candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert in Scrum software development methodology, be an effective communicator with strong servant leadership skills, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference.
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework is a plus)
- Liaison & Communication
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical (business) departments.
- Communicate with other management, developers, product managers, product relationship and technical support specialists on product issues.
- Facilitate Software Development
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Experience with introduction of Agile in a hybrid environment (waterfall) and interfacing between the two is a plus.
- Working with PMO to ensure they have information they require.
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Team & Process Management
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevents distractions to the team.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Empower the team to self-organize.
- Candidate could be expected to spend up to 20% of his/her time coaching and mentoring other members of the team, some management of other resources a plus.
- This needs to be an individual that puts the team before themselves.
- They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum, removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving standards of work.
- Thorough understanding of Scrum software development methodology, values, practices and procedures
- Deep understanding of Agile principles and iterative development methodologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft and software development
- Experience with Rally, Jira or Microsoft TFS / Visual Team Services (a plus)
- Ability to understand technical issues and identify the means to resolving them
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Background in Technical Project Management
- Experience with Agile transformation in an organization
- Experience working with large programs that use multiple Agile teams
- Hands on experience with metrics and tracking tools used in Scrum
- Experience with scaling Agile in the enterprise
Management and Competencies:
- Minimum six years' experience leading enterprise solutions design and development efforts
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Development tools
- Good knowledge of regional issues and structures, ability to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds Education
- Certified ScrumMaster with at least 2 + years of experience in this role post certification
- Must have effective communication with strong leadership skills, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference.
- Experience managing the development, implementation and support of enterprise solutions
- Capable of managing internal ITS teams, contractors and onshore / offshore partner resources
- Demonstrated experience developing team members and being a role model
- Ability to work across business and technical teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical information to IT professionals
- International experience with the ability to work in a diverse work environment across cultures and time-zones; available to travel (internationally) at short notice and host/attend international calls outside of standard working hours
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates. Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college/university in Computer Science
Associated topics: application architect, application developer, backend, back end, c/c++, c#, matlab, php, project architect, senior software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...