- Planet Fitness
175 Virginia Ave
A Planet Fitness Instructor must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to create and conduct safe and effective exercise for a wide variety of participants. The primary focus of a Fitness Instructor will be to help guide members to their personal fitness goals. This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a workout program and instructing them on the proper use of equipment. Our Instructors provide guidance, education, and encouragement and most importantly, develop relationships with all members to improve retention.
Fitness Instructors are responsible for the general upkeep of the clubs equipment, floor cleanliness and outreach to inactive members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting members, prospective members and guests with a warm and friendly smile as they come in and leave for the day
- Conduct fitness assessment and design personal programs geared towards meeting the members fitness goals
- Conduct and run the Planet Fitness PE@PF program
- Instruct members on how to properly and safely use the equipment.
- Create bi-weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises.
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic.
- Assist in front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- Maintain and lubricate all fitness equipment
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Club Manager as needed.
We want you to join our team if:
- Are at least 18 years or older
- You have an upbeat and positive attitude!
- Are punctual and are reliable.
- Have good communication skills.
- You can flex more than just your muscle. Must be open to a curve ball every once in a while, and must be flexible in responsibilities.
- Have a CPR Certification and Nationally Certified Training certificate.
- You can interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers. Enjoy exceeding the members expectations and only use appropriate behavior and language when dealing with any issues at the club.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Shift Structure (subject to change based on business need)
- Early Morning shifts Monday and Friday normally starting at 6am
- Afternoon shifts Tuesday to Thursday normally ending at 8pm
For a more detailed look at the Class Schedule, find the club and check out the locations page on
Want more reasons?
- Consistent work schedule
- On the job training and skill development
- Performance based pay increases
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401K, based on tenure
- Paid Vacation Time
- Free Black Card Membership!
- Company sponsored social event!
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Associated topics: athletic director, athletic trainer, director of athletics, fitness director, fitness instructor, wellness director, wellness instructor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...